Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Some random thoughts

On this wednesday, a lot of random thoughts are swirling around in my head, like a freshly stirred cup of good coffee. Allow me to share them:

  • Pearls before swine is on my favorite comics. The absurdity of the cast and the pungent wit make it a very delightful read every day. Take a look at this one from last week featuring the Pillsbury dough douche boy (click to enlarge):
  •  The other day I was driving around my hometown and made a stop at CVS. There was a tiny video store next to it called "Video Joy". Hmm, I don't know about you, but with a name like that, I don't think I want to visit that video store.

  • It's med school rejection season right now. Most schools are done sending out interview invites so now they in the business of notifying the rejected candidates. Almost all emails are stiflingly formal but there are some unintentionally funny ones. For example, this one:
Your application, although reviewed multiple times, was not selected for admission.
         
          The subtext here is "you were a loser each time your application came up...hahahahaha"


  • Some human genetics research papers have more than 50 authors on them. We read one for a class last week that had 55 authors from 39 institutions, representing 7 countries. Talk about the summer olympics sheesh.

Hey Lakers, you do know the object of this game to win, right?

4 comments:

  1. Stanford: Please, PLEASE don't feel bad about yourself... I'm sure you'll find the perfect med school for you... really, it's not you, it's me...

    UCSF: Dear applicant: we don't think you'll get in anywhere, so do check out our postbach program. PS: We're too busy to send you a rejection notice.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.

    I'll have my batch when I'll be rejected form alw schools.
    Lolz.

    Totally a new website idea for the new hypercompetitive generation we live in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is Cornell: Just cuz we rejected you doesn't mean you are not going to be a doctor. You will never be a Cornell doctor
    muahahahahaha

    Also 2 More pleases? Wow that has to be a record. Who knew the internet loved my random thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your thoughts are like sweet raindrops dripping life to the wasted gullies of our minds.

    ReplyDelete